Identity Theft – You Made It, Now Keep It!

You live in a great country and a great San Diego North County real estate community.  You have worked hard to accumulate what you own so please use the hits below to help minimize the chance of identity theft.

  • Make photocopies of your important vital information that you normally carry around.  Keep it is a safe deposit box or safe. 
  • When you travel carry only necessary information with you.  Go through your purse or wallet and leave unimportant cards at home.  My wife and I carry different credit cards when we travel so if one person’s is lost we can easily cancel those cards and still have a usable set with us.
  • Avoid providing your social security number to anyone unless it is absolutely necessary. 
  • Pick up your mail out of your mailbox daily.  If traveling stop your mail or have someone you trust pick it up. 
  • Place your outgoing mail directly  in a U.S. Postal Service mailbox to reduce the temptation of mail theft.
  • After reading mail, shred documents with personal or financial information before throwing in the trash.  A lot of fraud and identity theft comes from people “dumpster diving.”
  • You should monitor your credit at least yearly.  You are entitled by law to receive one free credit report from the major credit reporting companies each year.  That means you could check on your credit for free 3 times a year.
  • Be careful when you ATM’s.  There may be people trying to see your PIN number so as to try to gain access to your accounts.  Make sure you don’t leave your deposit receipt for the next guy to pick up.
  • When you order new checks, you could choose to have them delivered to you bank instead of your home.
  • When buying things over the Internet, make sure you are on a secured page before entering in your credit card number. 
  • Carefully monitor your bank statement each month to make sure all charges are yours.  Also, review your credit card statements carefully.  Check to make sure you got all deposits and credits due.

There are many other things you can do to protect your money and identity.  Basically, always just use good common sense.  See my other related blog articles, “Identity Theft – San Diego North County” and “Minimize Identity Theft.”

For San Diego North County real estate information including information about North County homes for over 55 (55+), contact Gary Harmon, your top San Diego North County Realtor.

The Time to Buy Escondido Real Estate is NOW

Many think the time to buy is now

Prudential California Realty took a real estate outlook survey in 2010 and found most Southern California and San Diego North County buyers think now is the time to buy.

Time to buy Escondido Real Estate

There are only 10 of homebuyers that did not think this is the  time to buy.  If you have been on the fence, get in the game and find your Escondido home now.  Contact Gary Harmon, one of the top Escondido Realtors, for more information.

San Diego North County buyers see the market moving towards stability

The number of Southern California consumers who believe the Escondido real estate market and other San Diego North County real estate markets are stable outnumber the percent who believe the market is unstable.

Escondido real estate market stability

There are only 29% of Souther California buyers that think the real estate market is unstable.  That leaves 71% implying that “the time to buy Escondido real estate  is NOW.”

Most Escondido real estate buyers believe the real estate market is on an upward trajectory

Over 26 % of homebuyers think the Escondido real estate market is stronger than it was a year ago.  And, one year from now, 51% expedct to see the San Diego North county real estate market even stronger.  The survey only saw 7% who thought it would be weaker.  With market and prices going up, now is the time to contact Gary Harmon, your top North County realtor.

North County buyers see potential for appreciation in both short and long term

North County homes appreciation

North County buyers see appreciation coming.  Over 46% of Souther California buyers expect real estate prices to apreciate in the next year.  Current data for San Diego North County shows that is actually happening.  In the next 5 years, 79% expect prices to increase.  Don’t let this good market pass you by, contact Gary Harmon today.

Current interest rates help make the time to buy NOW

HomeServices Lending is one of Gary Harmon’s Winning Team members.  Contact them for current rates and to get prequalified today.

Escondido real estate and HomeServices Lending

For an experience Escondido real estate agent, contact Gary Harmon, your top Escondido Realtor.